U20 Class Member's Forum

Class Communications => Annoucements from the President => Topic started by: Chris Chambers on May 11, 2020, 09:31:36 PM

Title: 2020 NA's
Post by: Chris Chambers on May 11, 2020, 09:31:36 PM
Hi Everyone - hope you all doing well 8)

The board has been discussing the current state of affairs and reviewing the posted guidelines from various agencies as to how this will impact this years Nationals.  This is clearly a moving target - but event planners will need time to organize and competitors time to plan/commit. 

As such, the board would like to re-affirm that the U20 Class will be following the recommendations and prescriptions of US Sailing, the Bayview Yacht Club in Detroit, and the State of Michigan.  The board will re-convene in early June to review input from the Bayview YC and see if we can make a decision then.  We will keep you posted of our meetings and as always, feel free to post your input.

In the meantime - get out and go SAILING!!!

Title: Re: 2020 NA's
Post by: Tac Boston on June 08, 2020, 02:59:20 PM
How are we looking for this event? Just trying to plan things.
Title: Re: 2020 NA's
Post by: U20 Site Moderator on June 16, 2020, 04:55:23 PM
Hello U20 Class members.

We have decided to cancel the 2020 U20 North Americans, scheduled for August  7-9 at Bayview YC in Detroit. 

The Board regrets having to make this decision, but in view of the current circumstances with Covid 19, particularly the safety of our sailors, the RC and organizers,  and also in the spirit of fair competition, we trust you will agree.

We hope that Bayview will be able to host this event in 2021.  We will keep the Class advised as a final location/date is set. 


The U20 Class Board
Title: Re: 2020 NA's
Post by: Tac Boston on September 04, 2020, 06:08:00 PM
Any updates on the possible date or local of the 2021 NA's? Starting to fill out the calendar and I don't want to miss it!