Author Topic: 2022 Pacific Coast Championship at the San Diego NOOD March 25-27th  (Read 104 times)

U20 Site Moderator

• Administrator
  • U20 Youngster
Hi all,

Save the date for this one as well!  We should have no trouble getting 5 boats on the line for a start this year and hope to see 8-10.  The U20's race on the South Bay out of Coronado Yacht Club.  Flat water, great wind and always fun hanging out with other U20 teams!

You can find pretty affordable lodging around Point Loma, Near the San Diego Yacht Club.  Check out the Sea Harbor Hotel or Best Western Island Palms.

Registration will open shortly!

Donna Womble

• U20 Virgin
Re: 2022 Pacific Coast Championship at the San Diego NOOD March 25-27th
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 01:41:40 AM »
For this regatta, are boats launched and/or docked at Coronado YC or at SDYC?

Travis Gregory

• Administrator
  • U20 Enthusiast
  • U20 - 222
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 01:51:34 AM »
Hi Donna, we launch at Coronado and keep the boats there during the race.  There is room to store the trailer at the club.  You could launch at SDYC, but it's much easier to do it at Coronado as the racing for the U20's will be in the South Bay.  There is also a public ramp on Glorieta Bay that may be used. Last time I was there, they had fresh water to rinse, but you needed your own hose and parking is limited at the ramp. We used the ramp to avoid the traffic for the crane on the last day.

This is an awesome event, hope you can make it!

Donna Womble

• U20 Virgin
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 01:59:23 AM »
Thanks Travis. I am looking forward to it. 

Is there any reason not to also stay in Coronado?

Travis Gregory

• Administrator
  • U20 Enthusiast
  • U20 - 222
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 03:30:58 AM »
None that I can think of.  It's not a long drive to SDYC to go the party or awards ceremony.  Maybe 20 minutes. 

Coronado is a bit more expensive than some of the other locations. That may be the only downside.